What's Included ?
Our trademark eco-active holidays are fully supported, thus allowing you the freedom to experience and explore the routes you travel with us, without having the hassle and worry of planning your day.
Our service to you:
· Finding excellent, five star accommodation: whether it's a five star boutique hotel, lodge, B&B or Family-hosted stay, we go out of our way to research and test all our accommodation providers ensuring they adhere to the highest quality and comfort, security and privacy standards - and that includes their commitment and progress towards an ethos of responsible business.
· Transporting you and your luggage; Security a premium: say no more; we make sure neither you nor your luggage stay behind! We provide transfer from and to airports and we include internal flights in most of our journeys. From the moment you arrive at the airport to the moment you need to board your return flight, we take care of you. During the trip, all you have to do is leave your packed bags outside your room door every alternate morning before departure (we typically stay over a minimum of two nights in any one location, ensuring you don't pack your luggage daily and that you have at least two days in an area to fully absorb what's on offer).
· Designing interesting and spectacular routes, highlighting the regions jewels - some gentle, others more challenging: we pride ourselves in finding routes off the beaten track in addition to showing you the iconic and flagship, not-to-miss points on the map; we always design our routes keeping in mind the geology, geography, history, context and people of the area and we never rush you through. Whether it's kayaking, hiking and walking or biking, you will find an interesting and kaleidoscope of sounds, sights and smells and plenty of fresh air mixed in with the hospitality of the region.
· Providing good maps and directions with interesting narrative: This is the part where you get to be active at your own pace; we make sure you have excellent route descriptions, fresh off the printer every morning, that allows you to cycle, hike and walk, kayak, at your own pace, Generally we do include a time guide and we'd expect everyone to arrive at the designated points more-or-less at the same time; but in-between points, you'll find you have ample time to stop, read the interesting tidbits we've meticulously compiled for you, take pictures or take a break to have a snack or chat to the locals.
· Providing back up – we’re available 24/7 for anything you require: we shadow the group with our support vehicle and you are welcome, at any time, to change modes of transport and simply hop onto the shuttle bus - although we guarantee you, you'll rarely want to consider this option. Our routes are simply too well laid out. In addition, our trip guides are never too far away and we make sure every one has a mobile phone and are reachable at all times. And we are there for all your needs - just ask!
· Excellent quality bikes and equipment are standard inclusive feature: We surmise that most companies in this business make the same claim - but in our case, we go the extra mile (or two). Our equipment has been carefully researched and our bicycles will leave you drooling. They incorporate all the latest technology for a superb ride, on or off road, and we offer you a range of options to individualize your bike. If you absolutely insist, you are welcome to bring your own bicycle, but really, we guarantee you will not be disappointed with our bikes!
· Experts’ to offer in-depth knowledge on the specialist themes of our tours : on all of our themed trips you will meet experts and leaders in their field of study to regale and educate, share and elaborate and in general bring into sharp focus the many fascinating insights and in-depth knowledge only a lifetime of study brings. Our experts enjoy the opportunity to share and are yours to question and engage - whether it's the process of brandy making, or the maritime history of Cape Town, to the cultural collage of the Bo-Kaap, you will not go away disappointed.